Would this be useful?
- ...yes but, for me, I'd like to read some guidance on posting on the proposed wiki forum vs. posting on the OpenDataScotland Slack channel. Perhaps, use the wiki forum for more structured, longer-to-live discussions; and Slack for posts that are more of that point-in-time ...?
- Good points - Perhaps we just point people to Slack? Probably better to have one or the other.
- I would agree 1 location is better, I would prefer slack for my own selfish reasons of familiarity and also notifications if you haven't yet been on the page.
- edit: found the edit guide so removed my daft comment.
- Something to consider is that being web page based the forum content will appear on search engines whereas Slack will be closed to a wider audience who may just stumble across the site.
Sidebar Left-hand side
We can customise this.
What would be useful?
Main page design
This is borrowed heavily from the Miraheze homepage.
I'm not precious about it. If anyone can come up with better, please build it in your sandbox and join us to it!
Structure and content
The first discussion to be had is how we structure the wiki as a start, to the point that we open it up to the wider community.
Once it has attained some sort of beta status we can invite a wider community, then get their input.
We should identify a core group to kick off the first 'build' too